Palace of Versailles Parking
Are you visiting the Palace of Versailles by car but unsure of where to park?
Read on and choose from multiple convenient options for parking at the Palace of Versailles or nearby.
Parking at the Palace of Versailles
Europe’s most splendid castle, the Palace of Versailles, sits just outside Paris.
It’s a must-see when in the City of Light, perfect for a day or half-day trip.
Versailles is unparalleled in its stunning beauty, historical depth, and lavish opulence.
Open to tourists since 1793, it now attracts around 15 million visitors annually.
Secure your Palace of Versailles entrance ticket and enjoy convenient parking options for a hassle-free visit!
Where to Park in Palace of Versailles?
Wondering where to park in the Palace of Versailles?
There are several parking lots in and around the palace.
At the Palace of Versailles, you can park at the Place d’Armes, which is a mere 5-minute walking distance from the Palace.
The parking in the North Ministers’ Wing is another spot for cars and taxi drop-offs near the Palace.
Bailly Walk offers parking for cars only, while parking at the Neptune Gate (Sheep Walk) is for disabled people.
In case you’re looking to park near the Trianon estates, you can find three convenient car parks:
- Grand Trianon car park (across from the Grand Trianon). Get Directions
- Petit Trianon car park (across from the Petit Trianon). Get Directions
- Queen’s Hamlet car park (across from the entrance to the farm). Get Directions
Palace of Versailles parking cost, payable at the Queen’s Gate, is as follows:
Free parking is available for people with reduced mobility upon presentation of official proof.
Palace of Versailles parking gate entry timings vary based on the season and gate.
For the Queen’s Gate, during the high season (April to October), entry is from 9 am to 5.50 pm, while in low season (November to March), it’s from 9 am to 4.50 pm.
|April to October
|9 am to 5.50 pm
|November to March
|9 am to 4.50 pm
Saint-Anthony Gate opens on weekends and public holidays, following similar timings.
Parking near Palace of Versailles
If you want to park outside the Palace of Versailles, you will find some great parking lots nearby.
- The Car Park Europe (10-minute walking distance from the Palace of Versailles) offers parking at €0.60 for a quarter-hour parking.
- Place d’Armes car park for cars, minibusses and coaches (5-minute walking distance from the Palace of Versailles) charges €9.6 for 2 hours.
- Parking de Sceaux (13-minute walking distance from the Palace of Versailles) offers free parking for the first hour and €0.60 per quarter hour for subsequent hours.
- Parking Boulevard de la Reine (18-minute walking distance from the Palace of Versailles) charges €1.87 per hour.
- Saint-Louis car park at the foot of Saint Louis Cathedral (12-minute walking distance from the Palace of Versailles) offers parking at €3 per hour.
- Reine-Richaud car park located near the Versailles-Rive Droite Station (22-minute walking distance from the Palace of Versailles), charges €1.87 per hour.
Can you park at the Palace of Versailles?
Yes, there are several Palace of Versailles parking options.
You can park near the Palace at the Place d’Armes and North Ministers’ Wing.
Parking near the gardens is available at the Grand Canal car park, and Neptune Gate for disabled parking.
There are also three designated car parks near the Trianon estates: Grand Trianon, Petit Trianon, and Queen’s Hamlet.
Is there parking at the Palace of Versailles?
Car parking at Palace of Versailles is available at and near the palace grounds.
There are several car parks outside the Palace with varying rates and walking distances ranging from five to 22 minutes.
How much is parking at the Palace of Versailles?
The cost of parking at Palace of Versailles is €12 for cars, €30 for buses, and €3 for motorcycles.
Free Palace of Versailles parking is available for individuals with reduced mobility upon showing official proof.
Featured Image: Chateauversailles.fr