Palace of Versailles Tickets
The Palace of Versailles has immeasurable beauty in every corner of its estate and gardens.
Historically rich decor, sculptures, furniture, and artwork are significant features of this former home of the French monarchs.
To be around art and history, you can visit the Hall of Mirrors, King’s and Queen’s Apartments, Royal Chapel, and Gallery of Great Battles.
You can also spend time amongst luscious nature at the Palace of Versailles Gardens and the Park of Versailles.
What is the best time to visit Versailles?
The busiest time of the year for the Palace of Versailles is between mid-July and mid-August, while the calmest month is January.
November to March is the low season, so that’s when planning a trip would be the best.
Palace of Versailles’ opening hours are from 9 am to 6.30 pm and the crowds start rushing in as soon as 10 am.
Morning hours are the busiest, so the best time of day to visit the Palace of Versailles is 9 am or earlier.
The best option is to visit during the afternoon hours when the rush gets reduced greatly.
Weekdays are the best days to visit the Palace, especially Wednesdays and Thursdays, except during school holidays.
Why buy tickets online in advance?
The best and cheapest tickets are those you find online.
Online tickets mean no more hassle of long queues and last-minute disappointment of not getting tickets at the attraction.
We recommend buying Palace of Versailles tickets online to get amazing discounts and combination tickets that make your trip exceptional!
Palace of Versailles tickets
Buying tickets to the Palace of Versailles is an exciting process.
Your first step is usually deciding which part of the property you want to cover and whether you want a guided tour or not.
The rest is a smooth sailing experience.
All you have to do at this stage is choose from our excellent and diverse selection of tickets to the Palace of Versailles.
If you have settled on booking a simple ticket and taking the touring of the Palace and gardens into your own hands, the Versailles Palace and Gardens Full Day Access Ticket is perfect for you.
However, is you want a guided tour of the Palace of Versailles, there are many more options:
- Versailles Palace guided tour: a skip-the-line tour of the Palace of Versailles
- Versailles Palace small-group guided tour: a small group guided tour (the tour has a maximum capacity of eight people)
- Versailles Palace and gardens guided tour: a guided tour of the Palace of Versailles and the gardens
- Versailles Palace, gardens and Marie Antoinette Tour: a guided tour of the Palace of Versailles, the Palace gardens and Marie-Antoinette’s estate
- Versailles Palace and Gardens Guided Tour, Fountains Show & Transport: a tour of the Palace and the gardens, access to the Night Fountains Show and transport
- Versailles food and bike tour: a tour of the city of Versailles on a bike, a guided tour of the Palace of Versailles and authentic French food.
|Type of Versailles Palace Guided Tour||Skip-the-line||Palace||Gardens||Fountains Show||Adult ticket price|
|Palace guided tour||Yes||Yes||Access on selected days*||No||€55|
|Small group tour||Yes||Yes||No||No||€61|
|Palace and gardens tour||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||€86|
|Palace, gardens & Marie-Antoinette tour||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||€110 to €117|
|Palace, gardens, Fountain Show, Transport||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||€103|
|Food & bike tour||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||€147|
If you are looking for a ticket with transportation along with a self-guided tour, the Versailles Palace Self Guided Tour, Gardens Access & Transfers from Paris ticket is the one you should choose.
There is also the option of a superb special ticket that only includes the Versailles Palace Night Fountain Show, a gorgeous show you shouldn’t miss!
How long do you need at Palace of Versailles?
Thinking how long you can stay at the Palace of Versailles?
Two to three hours are enough to see everything the Palace of Versailles offers.
A guided tour of the Palace of Versailles also lasts 90 minutes, which is ultimately enough to gain knowledge about all the exhibits and rooms.
However, if you are on a self-guided tour, you can give yourself more time to walk around peacefully.
Transportation and grabbing a meal are additional time-consuming activities besides touring the Palace of Versailles.
The average time for a round trip from Paris to Versailles is 1.5 to 2 hours by road.
If you plan to stop at the fine selections of restaurants at the Palace of Versailles, you are bound to spend one or two hours getting fueled up.
So, the answer to how long you need to visit the Palace of Versailles is approximately 5 to 7 hours.
Palace of Versailles ticket discount
You get discounts on the cost of Palace of Versailles tickets when you book your tickets online.
But, children and senior citizens get a more significant advantage from these discounts since they get their tickets at a reduced price.
WIth many tickets, children below a particular age can get their tickets for free.
For example, for the Versailles Palace Night Fountain Show ticket, entry is free for children under the age of 6 years.
The Versailles Palace Small Group Guided Tour offers a €22 discount to children up to the age of 17 years.
Senior citizens (between the age of 66 to 99 years) booking the Self Guided Tour, Gardens Access & Transfers from Paris get a €5 discount.
Each ticket has its own discount benefits you will encounter while booking.
Get these age-based discounts for family members and save a ton on expenses!
The Palace of Versailles is worth a visit, and you can easily spend the day here as it is so big! The Palace is just stunning and the grounds are beautiful. We hired a little motor cart which took us down to Marie Antoinette’s Hamlet and the beautiful lake. You can then drive up and see the water fountain display. There are also some nice places to eat down near the lake. We had a wonderful day here.Liane P, Tripadvisor
Palace of Versailles free entry
It is possible for certain categories of individuals to escape the Palace of Versailles entry fee.
Individuals eligible for free entry to the Palace of Versailles are:
- European Union residents under the age of 26 years
- Non-European Union residents under the age of 18 years,
- Schoolchildren and teachers in a French establishment (who can present the Pass Education card issued by French authorities)
- Disabled individuals and the person accompanying them
- Job seekers in France and recipients of minimum social benefits (who can present proof dated maximum 6 months previously)
- Culture card holders (free access to the Palace, the Estate of Trianon and the Fountain Shows and Musical Gardens for the holder and an accompanying person)
- Students of Ecole d’Art
However, if you are not a part of these categories, you can visit the Palace of Versailles with cheap skip-the-line and guided tour tickets.
Book the Palace of Versailles skip-the-line guided tour for a 90-minute comprehensive tour in your preferred language.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need tickets to visit the Palace of Versailles?
The Palace of Versailles does not have free entry for everyone.
Only the following can access the Versailles Palace for free:
– European Union residents under the age of 26 years
– Non-European Union residents under the age of 18 years,
– Schoolchildren and teachers in a French establishment (who can present the Pass Education card issued by French authorities)
– Disabled individuals and the person accompanying them
– Job seekers in France and recipients of minimum social benefits (who can present proof dated maximum 6 months previously)
– Culture card holders (free access to the Palace, the Estate of Trianon and the Fountain Shows and Musical Gardens for the holder and an accompanying person)
– Students of Ecole d’Art
So if you don’t fall into the categories eligible for free admission, you will have to book a ticket.
Can you buy tickets at the Versailles Palace?
You can buy tickets at the Palace of Versailles ticket counter.
However, we don’t recommend that due to the incredibly long lines you will find at the Palace of Versailles ticket counter.
Since the Palace of Versailles is a significantly famous attraction, you might not get your ticket at the end of the line.
Booking your tickets online is the best option for convenience and cost.
Do I need to buy Versailles Palace tickets in advance?
You can buy your tickets at the Palace of Versailles, but we strongly recommend buying them online in advance.
Booking your tickets online saves time from standing in lines and you can conveniently access special offers.
Some great Palace of Versailles ticket options you can book online are:
– Versailles Palace and Gardens Full Day Access Ticket
– Versailles Palace guided tour
– Versailles Palace and gardens guided tour
– Versailles Palace small-group guided tour
– Versailles food and bike tour
How much are tickets to the Palace of Versailles?
Tickets to the Palace of Versailles are available at varying costs and can be as low as €20 (Versailles Palace and Gardens Full Day Access Ticket) or as high as €145 (Versailles food and bike tour).
There are also some mid-ranged Palace of Versailles tickets available, like the:
– Palace of Versailles Skip-the-Line Guided Tour (from €55)
– Versailles Palace & Gardens with Transportation (from €65)
– Versailles Palace & Gardens Skip-the-line Guided Tour (from €75)
– Versailles Palace Self Guided Tour, Gardens Access & Transfers from Paris (from €76)
Some tickets are also available at the higher range which offer some special services, like the Palace of Versailles and Marie Antoinette Tour (from €98) or the Versailles Palace Guided Tour with Gardens, Fountains Show from Paris and Transport (from €100).
How do I cancel my Palace of Versailles ticket?
All the tickets that we suggest include free cancelation with a full refund.
To cancel your Palace of Versailles ticket, you just need to cancel 24 hours prior to your visit to get a complete refund.
Are tickets required for children to visit the Palace of Versailles?
Even though children can get discounted or free access to the Palace of Versailles, you will need to book a ticket for them too.
Most children between the ages of 4 and 17 years get a discount on any ticket purchased.
Usually, children below the age of four years can get tickets for free.
Featured Image: Chateauversailles.fr